CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

How a 3 month year old teaches me

5 Things I Have Learned From Joshua >


1. All of us start out completely and utterly helpless.
2. Babies can look like old balding men sometimes.
3. Oftentimes our physical "flaws" or "imperfections" make us unique and give us character (i.e. Joshua's enormous left ear).
4. Baby fingernails are almost impossible to trim. At least for me. 
5. We are all like babies. God may be doing something unpleasant in our life to help us or save us from something, but we only see through our limited understanding. When I use the bulb syringe to suck out all the snot from Joshua's little nose, he screams like no other. What he can't see is that I am doing this unpleasant activity not to torture him, but to make his nasal passage clear so he can breathe well. Once it is done and he realizes that he can breathe again, he is filled with happiness. Remind you of anyone?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so true, and it is so weird how much babies can actually teach you. I am going to miss you guys so much when im back home!!

Unknown said...

Hello RenRen. :) I had no clue you had a blog...but I've been breathlessly reading your "about me" and some past posts, excited to see where the Lord has you now! Blessings! Abigail Joy (from KS NCFCA)

Lauren said...

Hi Renee! Thanks for the encouraging post on our blog! I was so encouraged by your about me section--your attitude toward "changing the world" through serving your family is so refreshing! :-)

And I loved this post--wonderful little tidbits of wisdom/life experience. Made me smile! :-)

Blessings!
Lauren @ PearlsandDiamonds